Saturday, October 18, 2008

17 Questions by Giles Pickford Starts me Off Again blogging

I have to write again. I have not written for some time. This is in part because I am enjoying my job at UNNC in Nottingham University Business School, NINGBO in the Peoples Republic of China. I almost enjoy this as much as I do my marriage to Gong Hui Hua. However the primary reason i have not blogged was that until the Olympic Games I could not see my own blog here in China. I now can. Things get better here ever second so here I am back again. The immediate probable cause was that my Australian friend Giles Pickford sent me the following poem. I just had to post it




17 Questions without Answers

Who allows those two addicts to have

that bright-eyed unwanted child? Who permits

the child's teacher to abuse a position

of trust? Did both create the arsonist?

And was his hangman duly licenced?

Who licences Scrooge to grind the faces of

the poor? By what right does the Warder

curtail the liberty of the oppressed?

Who authorises the purblind torturer?

What principle permits the just war?

By what authority does the polyp

make a reef? What guides the rambling vine?

What force informs unravelling history?

What anvil forges the incandescent Tiger?

Is blind nature licenced or unlicenced?

Who licences Poets, who are "the mirrors

of the gigantic shadows which futurity

casts upon the present"? Was it Shelley?

Who licences the giver of licences?

All poets are licenced; but, are some

more licentiously licenced than others?

Giles Pickford

January 2008


I also write because I have just become an Evolutionary. This is thanks to an other Aussie my new chum John Stewart whose closeness in view to me almost makes us twins.


http://www.evolutionarymanifesto.com/

I met him at the first conference on the Evolutionary Development of the Universe in Paris two weeks ago. It was awesome. I wish Len Troncale could have been there. Len the periodic table of evolution, the ultimate system of systems processes (SoSPs), is on its way thanks to the pioneering work of Gerard Jagers


http://hypercycle.nl/about_me.php

By the way I do not think that Gerard realised when he coined the term out of the dreaded Dawkins work on Memes that the Momons really exist and for this site in a very prohpetic way. they are a muslim sect of converted Hindus

http://richpaki.tripod.com/memons.htm

Any way that is enough. We are back on line and expect some exciting stuff

No comments: